Monday, September 10, 2007

Cool Stuff abounds




I just wanted to catch up by posting some stuff I did the previous week. On friday I had a really cool activity where I met two students (girls) from a local high school in Hikone, and I got to speak to them so they could practice there english and I could practice my Japanese. It was a really nerve wrecking experience, because I am really not confident about my speaking abilities, but I seemed to stumble my way through alright. They were really sweet, and both liked Johnny Depp and American boys. They also listened to a couple of bands that I like, so we got along just fine. Every time we did not understand one another we would just giggle, and kind of gloss over the smaller details.

Later in the week I also go to go swimming, in the lake at night, which was quite an adventure (so peaceful) and I also hung out and watched Versus with my roomate one night. I also have been to a gigantic 2 story book store, where I bought quite a number of comics (it's in Japanese so it's educational!) It seems things are slowing down a bit, which is good, that means I'll be able to branch out to other cities soon.

I'm at the beginning of week two now. My two electives don't start for another week or so, so I've got alot of free time. Tomorrow hopefully I'll take the train out (or bike if I feel energetic) out to the mall in Hikone, and then maybe do some karaoke. Alot of people have already done it, and I really want to be part of that mix.

No comments: