Tuesday, October 23, 2007

10-11 Tea ceremony





On the 11th we took part in a traditional Japanese Tea ceremony. We got to see one actually done in a professional sense and then we were able to participate in one that was much more laid back. We drank Mochi (I think that's right) and had some japanese sweets as well. It was a very nice ceremony, but there really isn't much I can write about it. I was going to post up the formal ceremony video, but it's around 8 minutes long and kind of boring. If anyone wants to see it though, please comment and I'll throw it up there.
Ciao

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie,
I think it is great to know that some people can take "drinking tea" so seriously. Maybe we also should spend 10 minutes a day to just focus on drinking a cup of tea and nothing else. What is the bottom line with this ceremony? Is it relaxing or is it for honoring the tea or..? I would not mind if you want to show the video (at least a part of it).
Take care!
Love,
Agneta in Sweden

Anonymous said...

LESLIE!
YOU UPDATED!!!

Anyways the tea ceremony pictures look lovely. its seems you are having a fantastic time, which is STELLAR FANTASTIC...oh yeah, i used stellar fantastic. i would love to see your tea videos, and stay in japan in you want another semester, don't come back because of what i said. seriously.

I miss you and luvs you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Leslie - Stay in Japan another semester?????
We need to talk :)
Love you, Mom xoxox

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! I know that girl with the red hair! She went to my high school, we were in the same Spanish 2 and wore cat ears to school! Her name is Gwen, yessss?!

Oh and the tea looks nifty!

LR said...

Yeah there is a couple kids here from Brighton. One of the kids I went to Viva city with yesterday is from Brighton but he's a couple years older then us so he didn't really know you.
-Leslie