Sunday, October 7, 2007

10-5 Calligraphy






Another Friday project. This week we did Calligraphy, the art of using ink and brushes to produce beautiful characters, most specifically kanji. Kanji are basically chinese characters, that have specific meanings. The two characters I show in my mini video are "yume" to dream, and "ai" to love. The one you see me draw is to dream, and it was also the one I practiced doing for my final piece, which is going to be displayed somewhere downstairs on tuesday.
I was very excited about Calligraphy because I was pretty good at it. At least I was better at Calligraphy then flower arranging.

Until next time
Ja ne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie!
Your calligraphy looks really nice. Seems natural for you! You get to try so many cool things and it is great that you want to share your adventure with us on this blog. Looking forward to your next entry. Thanks!
Love
Agneta, Sweden

Anonymous said...

Hey leslie, wow your hair has gotten so long!!!

the calligraphy looks so cool!

hope you are having fun