Wednesday, September 26, 2007

9-21 Cooking Lessons






The Friday before we leave for our big Tokyo trip we had a special Friday project, a very special project especially for those starving on a Japanese diet. We had Cooking Lessons! A group of four were assigned each to a room and a Japanese community volunteer came into the room and showed us how to prepare some less American type dishes. We had a tofu steak and a special seasoned rice. It was absolutely delicious, and the woman that we had helping us out during this task was both a good cook and incredibly nice. She even invited us over later on in the semester to come visit her house. It was a good time.

(PS, if you see random pictures of landscapes in with these pictures, they are almost always Hikone... unless for some reason I'm doing an entry on a specific city I visited. Hikone is so beautiful, I'm very happy that I am able to be living in a city with so much natural beauty all around me. I can't wait for fall!)

No comments: